Monday, February 9, 2015

Smith Family Shop- op shop review

I finally found an American-style op shop in the inner west. It looks like they rotate the oldest things to be half price, and there's a $2 rack. Things still aren't by size (WTF Australia?) but at least there's a fat girl rack so I don't have to scavenge through a million size sixes.

I ended up getting 4 men's t-shirts for $9.50, so there will be new underpants in my future.


Marrickville

Clothing & accessories147 Marrickville Road
Phone: (02) 9572 6065
Opening hours:
Mon to Fri: 9.00am to 4.45pm
Saturday: 9.00am to 1.45pm

2 comments:

  1. It looks as if other people have the same issue as me. The prices in my local Salvos and Vinnies are just to high! I am sure they would sell a lot more and have more space if they just got rid of things cheaper. I do not know who you feel but if I buy something and I have to fix it to make it wearable I am just not prepared to pay "big bucks"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely agree, and I'm also a bit spoiled by the cheap clothing in America. I'm happy to drop a tenner on a dress that I can wear now, but some 80's monstrosity? Forget about it.

      Delete